At the Faculty of Law Library you can borrow textbooks and other literature. Most of the books are available in the open shelf collection.
Read more about:
- Lending rules
- Library card
- Loaning periods and renewals
- Loans on behalf of another person
- Reading room loans
Persons age 18 or older with a Swedish personal identity number or coordination number have the right to check out materials from the Lund University Libraries. Guest researchers and guest students may also borrow materials.
To borrow books from the Faculty of Law's library, you must have a library card. The card is valid at all libraries at Lund University.
Students and employees use their LU card. Other users receive a library card at the reception in the library.
If you are a student, researcher or employee at Lund University, you create an account by logging in with your Student/Lucat account. You use your LU card as a library card.
If you are a student, you can activate the account when you have logged in on LUBcat, by selecting the student category and home library, to be able to borrow with the LU card. If you are a researcher or employee, you need to activate the account at your library.
Others who are not affiliated with Lund University can get a library card at the reception in the library.
The loan period for ordinary books at the Library of the Faculty of Law is 14 days with non-automatic renewals. The loan period for researchers is 1 year, but books can be recalled after 28 days if another patron orders them. For course/textbooks, the loan period is 14 days with automatic renewals at all libraries at Lund University.
For more information on loan periods see the different subject libraries.
You can renew your loans via the library catalogue, LUBcat, or by calling the circulation desk during the library’s opening hours at 046-222 1007.
Overdue fees for books and course literature belonging to the Faculty of Law's library that are not returned on time are 10 SEK per book and day.
- The fee is calculated from the day after the return date. No fee is generated on days when the library is closed, including weekends.
- If you have 100 SEK or more in unpaid fees, you are automatically denied any new loans and renewals at all libraries within Lund University
- It is always your personal responsibility to note and respect the loan period. The library system automatically sends out a reminder by e-mail before the end of the loan period and a late notice the day after the end of the loan period.
- If for any reason you do not receive the reminder or overdue notice, it is still your responsibility to return the books before the end of the loan period.
- If, in spite of two reminders, the book has not been returned 28 days after the end of the loan period, an invoice will be generated. The replacement cost is 600 kr/book.
- Your library account is blocked when you have an unpaid invoice to the library.
- Keep in mind that the late fees remain and must be paid even after the cost of the invoice is paid, otherwise your library account will continue to be blocked.
- These regulations are established with the support of the general loan conditions at Lund University Library.
Rules regarding fines vary between the libraries at Lund University.
karin [dot] bjerefeldt [at] jur [dot] lu [dot] se (If you have any questions regarding fines and invoices, please contact Karin Bjerefeldt).
You can send someone else to pick up your requested books for you. The person has to show your library card and photo ID, and their photo ID at the library ciruclation desk to check out the books.
Reference copies of course textbooks and other books in particularly high demand are available at the circulation desk; these are known as reading room loans. You can only consult these books in the library. Other material that cannot be removed from the library includes:
- Books marked REF
- Collections of legal cases and statutes
- Parliamentary publications
E-books can be found both in LUBcat and in LUBsearch. Rules for access to e-books depend on which supplier provides the e-book in question.
karin [dot] bjerefeldt [at] jur [dot] lu [dot] se (karin[dot]bjerefeldt[at]jur[dot]lu[dot]se)