Pan-European Seal Programme
Since 2015 the Faculty of Law, Lund University, is a member of the Pan-European Seal. This is a comprehensive IP programme aimed at bridging academia and IP labour market and promoted by two of the world’s largest IP offices – The European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and The European Patent Office (EPO) – together with their strategic university partners.
Each year through the Pan-European Seal programme the most outstanding graduates of the Faculty of Law, Lund University, have access to paid 12-month long internships (with possibility of prolongation for the best trainees) in EUIPO and the EPO allowing them to gain valuable professional multicultural work experience and get a foot in the door of the competitive world of IP. Graduates specializing in any legal area are welcome to apply, the traineeship programme offers variety of professional placements depending on the profile of the applicant.
During the traineeship programme trainees will also benefit from on-the-job coaching by staff, as well as online training and, if applicable, language courses.
Timeline for 2023 traineeships
- 21st of February - deadline to submit applications
- 28th of February - shortlisting results for the Faculty of Law announced
- 1st - 15th of March (31st of March for EUIPO) - Selected candidates submit their online applications
- April-June - selection in EUIPO and EPO
- 18th of September - traineeships start
The shortlist of the Faculty of Law, Lund University, will be selected from those excellent graduates or students in the last year of their studies (if they are due to receive their diploma before the end of August of the year in question) who will submit their application according to the procedure outlined below.
Requirements for the applicants
- National from an EUIPO and/or EPO member state. (A limited number of trainees may be selected from third countries for the EUIPO).
- Degree/Master in any of the eligible academic areas (from the Faculty of Law, Lund University and to be obtained in the academic year in question).
- Excellent knowledge of at least one of the five working languages of the EUIPO (DE, EN, FR, IT, or ES) or one of the three working languages of the EPO (EN, FR or DE).
- Participation in international programmes such as Erasmus, will be considered favorably.
- Have customer service, organisational and prioritization skills; communication skills; capacity to analyse problems and find appropriate solutions; ability to work independently as well as part of a team; responsibility, professionalism, flexibility and self-initiative.
Before submitting their oline application shortlisted EUIPO candidates must have completed at least the required online OALP/EPO e-Learning courses with certificate:
- Introduction to the European Patent System (when applying to EPO)
- EUTM in a Nutshell and/or RCD in a Nutshell (when applying to EUIPO)
If at the time of application you have not yet received the required degree diploma, please include a certified certificate of expected graduation that you can receive from your programme administrator.
To apply (deadline for 2023 is 21st of February) you will have to submit your current CV (preferably in Europass format), motivation letter (also stating which institution you are applying to), transcript of records from your current study programme, and documents proving that you meet all the requirements listed above to aurelija [dot] lukoseviciene [at] jur [dot] lu [dot] se (aurelija[dot]lukoseviciene[at]jur[dot]lu[dot]se).
Don't forget the digital application form too!
All shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a digital application form. Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be further considered.
For EUIPO applications (submission period 1st - 31st of March):
Submit your application via EUIPO:s official website.
For EPO applications (submission period 1st-15th of March):
Submit your application via EPO:s webiste.
The selection and shortlisting process will be carried out in the end of the application period. EUIPO and the EPO will then select the trainees from the shortlisted candidates based on their qualifications and the needs of the receiving institutions.
aurelija [dot] lukoseviciene [at] jur [dot] lu [dot] se (aurelija[dot]lukoseviciene[at]jur[dot]lu[dot]se)
If you want to register for monthly updates and information about learning activities in EPO and EUIPO, send an email to Aurelija.